Special Education Services
MCCSC strives to meet all students through a continuum of services in the least restrictive environment.
Inclusive Special Education Services
Monroe County Community Schools was one of the first school districts in Indiana to provide inclusive services to students with disabilities. That tradition continues today with services that:
- Support students in general education classrooms in their neighborhood
- Provide research-based strategies to address learning disabilities (including dyslexia) and other reading and math challenges
- Use a team-based approach to enhance services to students
- Designed for students with significant intellectual disabilities
- Focus on evidenced based practices including discrete trial training, pivotal response training, functional routine training, intensive social and communication skills training
BRIDGES to Success
- Designed for students with the most challenging behaviors
- Intensive social/behaviors curriculum
- Designed for students 3-5 years old
- Designed for students 18-22 who need extra support transitioning into adult services.
- Emphasis is on functional skills, community involvement and employment.
Community Based Classrooms
- Focus is on life skills and functional academics
Occupational therapyPhysical therapy
Contact us if you have questions or want to know more information about a program that we offer.