Tips for the Tri-North Parent
Welcome to Tri-North Middle School! Please refer to our website www.mccsc.edu/trinorth or feel free to call us at 812-330-7745 any time with questions.
· School Hours: The school day is 8:00 am – 2:55 pm on Monday - Friday.
· Attendance: Daily attendance is very important. If your child must be absent, please call the attendance office at 812-330-2435 within 24 hours, preferably the morning of absence.
· Appointments During School Hours: If a student has a doctor or dentist appointment during the school day, please notify the attendance office in the morning and indicate what time the student will be picked up. A pass will be sent for the student and they will be waiting for you at the main entrance. The student must sign out before leaving and sign in upon returning at the attendance window. Please submit a note from the medical office verifying the appointment. We request that every effort be made to schedule these appointments outside of the school day.
· Getting Sick During the School Day: If a student were to become ill during the school day, he/she should report to the Health Office with a pass from a teacher. If the student is too ill to remain at school, the Health Office will contact a parent. Students should not call or text home. If the Health Office sends the student home, he/she should sign out at the Attendance Office.
· Medicine: If a student needs any medication during the school day, the medicine must be brought in by a parent, be properly labeled, and be kept in the Health Office. The Nurse or Health Aide will dispense the medicine. This includes over-the-counter medications as well as prescriptions.
· iPads: Students will be issued an iPad, cover, cable and charger. These 4 items must be returned at withdrawal or the end of the school year in good condition. Students are required to bring their iPad to school each day fully charged. Students should report damaged or non-working iPads to the Librarian or School Technology Coordinator.
· Concerns About a Class: If you have a concern, please contact the teacher first. If you feel your questions have not been answered or you still have concerns, please contact a counselor or administrator.
· Cell Phones: Cell phones and other electronic devices are not to be used or carried between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:55 pm. The first time the device is taken away, the parent must pick it up. The second time, the device will remain in the office until the end of the school year. Parents will be contacted when the device is confiscated. If a student is uncomfortable leaving their devices in their locker, they may leave them for the day with Mrs. Wimmer in the Attendance office.