End of the Year for Bloomington High School North Class of 2017
Seniors to be honored at Senior Honor Night will receive an invitation. Any senior who wishes to be honored as a recipient of scholarships and financial aid from the college/university he/she plans to attend must go to the BHSN home page and click on "Submit Senior Scholarship information here" link. Scholarship information must be submitted by the end of the day on Monday, April 24th.
Wednesday, May 10, 8:25am – 3:00pm – Distribution of Caps, Gowns, and Tickets-- LGI room
Monday, May 22, 10:25am – 11:55am - Honor Day Celebration for Underclass and Community Awards
All students will attend Honor Day celebration to recognize those students, in all grades, who have distinguished themselves through their performance in classes at BHSN, their membership on academic teams that competed in State level competitions, their attendance, and grade point average or through service in the community. This program is separate from the Senior Honors Night.
Tuesday, May 23 – Friday, May 26 – Senior Class Final Exams Schedule
Tuesday, May 23 Maroon 1 and 3
Wednesday, May 24 Gold 5 and 7
Thursday, May 25 Maroon 2 and 4Friday, May 26 Gold 6 and 8
Monday, May 23, 8:00 am – 9:00 am – Senior Breakfast and Slide Show
Breakfast will be in the cafeteria, seniors should report directly to the cafeteria at 8:00 am.
All fees & fines owed to Bloomington High School North must be paid by the end of the school day, Friday, May 5th. This includes all unreturned textbooks, instrument rental fees, library fines, and any unpaid fees for Athletic equipment or apparel. Lists of all students owing for any of the above fees will be posted outside the North Bookstore beginning March 27th. This list will be updated the last week of school as textbooks from the current school year are collected. For questions, please email Angie Osborne at email@example.com. Students who do not take care of all fees & fines, return all school issued textbooks or equipment may be excluded from participating in the graduation ceremony.
Friday, June 2, - Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal
Graduates should arrive at 9:00am and must be in assigned seat in the main gym by 9:30am for final attendance. Graduates must be in attendance to participate in Commencement.
Saturday, June 3, -- Commencement Ceremony at 9:30am. The Commencement Ceremony may be viewed live on the Internet. The live streaming feed will be available at 9:15 am EDT at (bhsntv.com).
· Final attendance will be taken at 9:00am in the Auxiliary Gym. Only graduates will be permitted in the Auxiliary Gym before and after ceremony.
· Graduates may arrive at BHSN Auxiliary Gym beginning at 8:30am.
· Any student not in line and dressed appropriately for final attendance will not be permitted to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
· Commencement is a serious and formal ceremony designed to honor our graduates. Out of respect for all the graduates, we
· Students will not be permitted to participate if dress is inappropriate or if there are changes made to the cap or gown.
· Gowns will be collected by Herff Jones at the end of the ceremony before receiving Diploma packet. Please take pictures prior to ceremony.
· Each graduate will receive a picture taken at the ceremony by Kirkwood Photo compliments of Bloomington High School North.
· Cell phones must be turned off.
· Handicap seating will be available on the east and west upper deck and on the lower level. Seating will be available for those who cannot climb.
· Parking: Handicap parking is available in upper main lots in front of the school. Graduates, arrange to be dropped off or carpool